Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Healthy Dessert (or anytime) Smoothie

I'm always looking for healthy treats that will also satisfy my sweet tooth and tonight I had a tasty one!

Here is what I did, in a blender add:

1 cup organic plain (not vanilla and/or sweetened) soymilk
Frozen Mango Chunks (I used about 10 chunks of the Trader Joe's brand)
6-8 frozen strawberries
1/2 banana
and blend it until it's smooth, simple.

This makes a smoothie that is about 1.5 cups, here is the nutrition info for it:

Calories: 230
Fat: 4.5g
Sat. Fat: .5 g
Fiber: 6.3 g
Sugar: 25g (but all natural, no refined sugar)
Protein: 8.7g
Plus it gives you about 1/3 of the daily recommended value of Vitamin A and Calcium plus 100% of Vitamin C.

That's quite a dessert, and much better than the alternative ice cream, cookies or cake!  Try it yourself and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment